4th digit of part number, default is "1"
- Lapped ceramic (alumina Al2O3) is the default and most common.
- Metallized faces allow for tight height tolerances down to ±0.0003 inches. This is especially important when your application uses 2 or more TEC's in an assembly. Available on TiTan and Mini TECs only.
- Metallized faces also allow for solder mounting which is a superior heat transfer path compared to thermal greases and epoxies. (Solder mounting is not recommended for TECs larger than 25mm)
- Default ceramic is alumina (96% or better purity)
- Alt (alternative) ceramics are defined in part description, such as aluminum nitride (AlN)
NOTE: Not all face options are available on all products.
0 = Metallized, top and bottom faces, alumina ceramics
1 = Lapped, top and bottom faces, alumina ceramics
The following face options are custom. Please call to discuss.
2 = Metallized top, lapped bottom, alumina ceramics
3 = Lapped top, metallized bottom, alumina ceramics
4 = Metallized, top and bottom faces, alt ceramics
5 = Lapped, top and bottom faces, alt ceramics
6 = Metallized top, lapped bottom, alt ceramics
7 = Lapped top, metallized bottom, alt ceramics
A = Metallized top in alt ceramic, metallized bottom in alumina ceramic
B = Lapped top in alt ceramic, lapped bottom in alumina ceramic
C = Metallized top in alt ceramic, lapped bottom in alumina ceramic
D = Lapped top in alt ceramic, metallized bottom in alumina ceramic
E = Metallized top in alumina ceramic, metallized bottom in alt ceramic
M = No top ceramic, metallized bottom alumina ceramic
F = Lapped top in alumina ceramic, lapped bottom in alt ceramic
G = Metallized top in alumina ceramic, lapped bottom in alt ceramic
H = Lapped top in alumina ceramic, metallized bottom in alt ceramic
N = No bottom ceramic, metallized top alumina ceramic
P = No top ceramic, lapped bottom alumina ceramic
Q = No bottom ceramic, lapped top alumina ceramic
R = No top ceramic, metallized bottom alt ceramic
T = No bottom ceramic, metallized top alt ceramic
V = No top ceramic, lapped bottom alt ceramic
W = No bottom ceramic, lapped top alt ceramic
X = No ceramics top or bottom (interconnect tabs only)
8th digit of part number, default is "L"
U = 32 AWG or less Bus wire
A = 30 AWG Bus wire
B = 28 AWG Bus wire
3 = 27 AWG Bus wire
C = 26 AWG Bus wire
Z = 24 AWG Bus wire
V = 22 AWG Bus wire
D = 20 AWG Bus wire
I = 18 AWG Bus wire
E = 16 AWG Bus wire
F = 30 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
S = 28 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
G = 26 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
T = 24 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
W = 22 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
H = 20 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
O = 18 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
Y = 16 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
J = 30 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
N = 28 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
K = 26 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
Q = 24 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
R = 22 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
L = 20 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
P = 18 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
M = 16 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
X = No lead wires
WT = PTFE insulation required, code is added to end of part number
WP = Polarity color of lead wires is reversed. Code is added to end of part number.
WLxxx = Custom wire lengths, where xxx is length in mm. Two different wire lengths are both indicated as follows WLxxx/xxx. Example: WL150/250 black wire is 150mm, red wire is 250mm. Code is added to end of part number.
HS = Heat Shrink tubing on lead wires. Code is added to end of part number.
These wire options are only available on specific TECs.
W1 = Lead wires exit on same short side of TEC
W2 = Lead wires exit on diagonal corners of TEC
W3 = Lead wires exit on same long side of TEC
Call for quote on custom wire types and lengths
Standard insulation material for 125°C rated parts is PVC. Teflon (PTFE) insulation is used on 200°C and 300°C rated parts.
9th digit of part number, default is "2"
- Ask for "Height Matching" when using 2 or more TECs between the same two surfaces. [Height matching is more economical than specifying a tighter height tolerance code for an entire order.] Height matching assures even pressure and heat transfer across the set of TECs.
- Typical Height Matching tolerance is +/- 0.001"
- Choose a height tolerance that suits your application. Codes 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9 are an additional cost.
0 = Unmachined/unlapped
1 = ±0.010" [±0.25mm]
2 = ±0.007" [±0.18mm]
3 = ±0.005" [±0.13mm]
4 = ±0.0005" [±0.013mm] (For Titan metallized TECs only)
5 = ±0.0003" [±0.008mm] (For Titan metallized TECs only)
6 = ±0.002" [±0.05mm]
7 = ±0.001" [±0.03mm]
9 = ±0.004" [±0.10mm]
Tolerances shown in inches [millimeters].
Add codes to end of part number in purchase orders or specify as a separate line item that you want the TECs sealed.
- Sealing protects the internal components from corrosion and electrical "shorts" from moist or wet environments. This includes ordinary environments where you may be taking the cold side of the TEC below the local "dew point" thereby creating condensation and/or ice on the TEC.
- Sealing protects the internal pellets from dirt, dust, and other contaminants that may collect there over time. These contaminants may corrode the pellets or eventually create an electrical "short" therby damaging the TEC. Ask for a sealed TEC if your application is in a particularly dusty environment.
- Sealing has a minimal effect on the TECs capability to pump heat (Q) and its maximum delta T. Typical effects are 1-2% on heat pumping capacity and 1-2 degrees on maximum delta T.
S = RTV moisture sealed
In the online store, there is an option for "RTV Moisture Sealing". Choose this if you want your TECs sealed.
SR = Epoxy Ruggedized Sealing
Epoxy based ruggedization seals the TEC from moisture and debris AND also strengthens the TEC against shock, vibration, and shear forces.
Add codes to end of part number
E1 = Mil spec testing and Burn-in
E2 = Custom Burn-in
T1 = Tinned on bottom w/ 183°C 63/37 solder
T2 = Tinned on top w/ 183°C 63/37 solder
T3 = Tinned on top & bottom w/ 183°C 63/37 solder
RP = Reversed polarity of internal pellets
More than one option code may be specified at one time.
Additional options (please call ):
• Installed Thermocouples (where possible)
• Gold, silver, nickel, or tin plating
(metallized TEC’s only)
• Wide temperature range of pre-tinned solder options
• Shock and vibration screening
• Thermal uniformity matching
• ∆T Matching (for multi TEC sets)
• AC resistance matching to 20 milliohms
(for multi TEC sets)