TEC Option Codes
- Multi-TEC matched set height tolerances down to ± 0.0003 inches.
- Lapped (ceramic), metallized, or pre-tinned faces available.
- TEC Sectioning to reduce stresses in extreme cycling applications.
- Call for custom options.
4th digit of part number, default is "1"
- Metallized faces allow for tight height tolerances down to ±0.0003 inches. This is especially important when your application uses 2 or more TEC's in an assembly.
- Metallized faces also allow for solder mounting which is a superior heat transfer path compared to thermal greases and epoxies. (Solder mounting is not recommended for TECs larger than 25mm)
NOTE: Not all face options are available on all products.
0 = Metallized, top and bottom faces
1 = Lapped, top and bottom faces
2 = Metallized top, lapped bottom
3 = Lapped top, metallized bottom
8th digit of part number, default is "L"
A = 30 AWG Bus wire
B = 28 AWG Bus wire
C = 26 AWG Bus wire
Z = 24 AWG Bus wire
V = 22 AWG Bus wire
D = 20 AWG Bus wire
I = 18 AWG Bus wire
E = 16 AWG Bus wire
F = 30 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
S = 28 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
G = 26 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
T = 24 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
W = 22 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
H = 20 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
O = 18 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
Y = 16 AWG Bus wire w/ insulation
J = 30 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
N = 28 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
K = 26 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
Q = 24 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
R = 22 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
L = 20 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
P = 18 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
M = 16 AWG stranded wire w/ insulation
X = No lead wires
Call for custom wire types and lengths
Standard insulation material for 125°C rated parts is PVC. Teflon (PTFE) insulation is used on 200°C and 300°C rated parts.
9th digit of part number, default is "2"
- Ask for "Height Matching" when using 2 or more TECs between the same two surfaces. [Height matching is more economical than specifying a tighter height tolerance code for an entire order.] Height matching assures even pressure and heat transfer across the set of TECs.
- Typical Height Matching tolerance is +/- 0.001"
- Choose a height tolerance that suits your application. Codes 4, 5, 6, and 7 are an additional cost.
0 = Unmachined/unlapped
1 = ±0.010
2 = ±0.007
3 = ±0.005
4 = ±0.0005
5 = ±0.0003 (For Titan metallized TECs only)
6 = ±0.002
7 = ±0.001
All tolerances in inches.
Add codes to end of part number in purchase orders or specify as a separate line item that you want the TECs sealed.
- Sealing protects the internal components from corrosion and electrical "shorts" from moist or wet environments. This includes ordinary environments where you may be taking the cold side of the TEC below the local "dew point" thereby creating condensation and/or ice on the TEC.
- Sealing protects the internal pellets from dirt, dust, and other contaminants that may collect there over time. These contaminants may corrode the pellets or eventually create an electrical "short" therby damaging the TEC. Ask for a sealed TEC if your application is in a particularly dusty environment.
- Sealing has a minimal effect on the TECs capability to pump heat (Q) and its maximum delta T. Typical effects are 1-2% on heat pumping capacity and 1-2 degrees on maximum delta T.
S = RTV moisture sealed
In the online store, there is an option for "RTV Moisture Sealing". Choose this if you want your TECs sealed.
Sectioning (bottom plate only)
Add codes to end of part number
- Sectioning of TEC's greater than 1" in cycling and extreme duty applications reduces thermal stresses and extends TEC life. Call for more information.
- See examples, click here.
|C1 = Bottom plate sectioned into 4 pads
C2 = Bottom plate sectioned into 9 pads
C3 = Bottom plate sectioned into 16 pads
C4 = Bottom plate sectioned into 25 pads
C5 = Bottom plate sectioned into 36 pads
C6 = Bottom plate sectioned into 49 pads
C7 = Bottom plate sectioned into 64 pads
Add codes to end of part number
E1 = Mil spec testing and Burn-in
E2 = Custom Burn-in
R = Modified for high G forces
G1 = Top and bottom plates are gold (Au) plated (for fluxless soldering)
G2 = Top plate is gold (Au) plated
G3 = Bottom plate is gold (Au) plated
P = Polarity of wire leads is reversed
S = Sealed for moisture protection
T1 = Tinned on bottom w/ 183°C 63/37 solder
T2 = Tinned on top w/ 183°C 63/37 solder
T3 = Tinned on top & bottom w/ 183°C 63/37 solder
More than one option code may be specified at one time.
Additional options (please call ):
• Installed Thermocouples (where possible)
• Gold, silver, nickel, or tin plating
(metallized TEC’s only)
• Wide temperature range of pre-tinned solder options
• Shock and vibration screening
• Thermal uniformity matching
• ∆T Matching (for multi TEC sets)
• AC resistance matching to 20 milliohms
(for multi TEC sets)
PART NUMBER DESCRIPTION
- First 3 digits are the number of couples (N and P pellet pairs) in the device.
- 4th digit denotes metallized (0) or ceramic (1) faces See "Face Options" above.
- 5th digit denotes the number of stages - a standard single stage device = 1
- 6th place is a "-"
- 7th digit denotes the maximum temperature rating of the device
- "4" is 110°C rated
- "5" is 125°C rated
- "6" is 150°C rated
- "7" is 300°C rated
- "9" is 200°C rated
- 8th digit denotes lead wire type. See "Wire Type" above.
- 9th digit denotes height tolerance of module. See "Height Tolerance" above.
- 10th digit is an amperage multiplyer for digits 12 and 13. "1" is 1X, "0" is .1X
- 11th place is a "-"
- 12th and 13th digits denote the amperage (Imax) of the device
- 14th digit denotes the series (Co. internal reference only) Using B, C, and D.
- 15th digit denotes physical size. Rectangular devices may use two letters such as "FL" = 15x30mm.
- "A" is 8mm
- "B" is 10mm
- "D" is 12mm
- "E" is 13mm
- "F" is 15mm
- "G" is 20mm
- "H" is 22mm
- "J" is 23mm
- "K" is 25mm
- "L" is 30mm
- "M" is 35mm
- "N" is 36mm
- "P" is 38mm
- "Q" is 40mm
- "R" is 44mm
- "T" is 45mm
- "V" is 49mm
- "W" is 50mm
- "X" is 55mm
- "Y" is 59mm
- "Z" is 62mm
- "U" followed by a number denotes mini TECs. "U4" = 4mm.
- Remaining digits are used for further options. See above.
|HOME ABOUT US CONTACT US HELP
Copyright © 2009-2013 Custom Thermoelectric All rights reserved.